Sunday, August 30, 2020

Book: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Wicked Lovely #1)

Amazon.com: Wicked Lovely eBook: Marr, Melissa: Kindle Store


Alright, now this may come as a surprise, me posting about novels and the such. I have a YouTube channel that is dedicated to book reviews, strictly novels and nothing else, but I have not posted in over a year due to the fact that I haven't read any new books as of late. So, since I am here more often than over there, I decided that I am going to do an overhaul and transcribe the audio of my book reviews, posting those reviews here on the blog!


I have read many books, just as much as I have read manga, maybe even more so. I will be typing the date of the original review, along with the synopsis, what I say about the novel and then my rating, instead of like or don't like I used to give a numerical rating of novels. If you guys still want to watch those review videos, I will be including the link of the video with each post. I must warn you now, I have been doing those review videos for almost ten years now, you will be seeing my face and the drastic growth of me as a reader. Also, I warn you that I slightly edited the transcript, taking out all my "umms" and stuttering, along with the video introduction, it's the same in every video, I didn't really know how to change it up.

Now without further ado, I will be taking you guys back to my very first book review in 2011...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 27, 2011

"Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.
Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty - especially if they learn of her Sight - and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.
Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.
But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King, who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost — regardless of her plans or desires."

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Faery intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning twenty-first-century faery tale.

Basically, here's the thing... Keenan, as you know, is the Summer King of the faeries. Couple of centuries ago, he and this human named Donna fell in love. He believed that she was the Summer Queen but when he tried to prove that she was, she wasn't, and she knew the consequences that if she wasn't the real Summer Queen she'd be cursed with --- to carry Winter inside of her. Now, many centuries later, Keenan has found Aislinn... and he is determined to make her his Summer Queen but she doesn't want anything to do with his world or anything with him --- by the way. 

He... how do I explain this? She is in love with Seth, who is her best friend and Donna who, by the way is still alive, hates Keenan now, 'cause of what he's turned her into. She... wishes that no one --- that no other girl will fall in love with Keenan and... deal what she has done, like how she was cursed and everything with Winter. Keenan's mother is the Ice Queen. If he doesn't find his Summer Queen, his mother will take over with Winter. Now, Aislinn is in love with her best friend, Seth, I think I've said that already, not sure. And --- and he is in love with her, but Keenan is, well, just wants her to become the Summer Queen, doesn't want anything to do with her really. But like, the love tragedy here is that Aislinn needs to become the Summer Queen or Summer will perish. But she doesn't want anything to do with Keenan nor be in love with him and he --- and she is in love with Seth, who is a human. But Donna here, Donna has a huge part, she is apparently still in love with Keenan but she know she's not the Summer Queen, she can't be with him. The love tragedy is there. But... it's such a tragedy because Keenan is still in love with her. And Donna and Keenan can't be together 'cause he's like, the Summer and she's now the Winter. And --- and if Keenan and Aislinn don't get together Winter will take over and Summer will die out forever.

There's the problema... problema... pr... pro... 'problaymo...' She needs to --- she needs to become the Summer Queen or else, like bad things will start to happen. And the love tragedy here, Seth --- Seth and Aislinn love each other. Keenan and Donna love each other but none of them can be together at all. They can only be Aislinn and Keenan. But in the end everything goes well. I won't tell you how --- I won't tell you... but I'm gonna just say that everybody gets what they want and... Summer doesn't die out... the Ice Queen is gone. But I'm not gonna tell you how the love lives worked out. That you will have to read to find out on your own 'cause I don't wanna be spoiling 'cause people might all comment and say like, 'why'd you spoil the story or whatever,' like, a lot of people do that. So, read to find out what happens to Aislinn, Seth, Keenan and Donna."

8.5/10

*Update! 2/10/14*
I now realized that I kept saying Donna throughout the video but her name is actually Donia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The synopsis that is up there is from Goodreads, thought to let you guys know! Anyways, that little update text at the end was an update I had written in the description of the video along with the rating since I never got the chance to actually say it in the video. I hope you guys enjoyed reading the ramblings of a 13-year-old booknerd. The link to the video will be below! Stay safe and comment down below on how you felt about this. 

Would you like to read more? I might even do an updated book review on these books and give my present day opinion on them, who knows? Thank you all for reading! Hope to see you back next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment