Sunday, March 15, 2020

Manga: "Suki" to Ienai by Yukino Miyawaki

Image result for suki to ienai

This is going to be one of my shorter reviews due to the fact that this is a oneshot manga, originally sold in a book with two other oneshot manga. It is also only available to read off of a manga piracy website, due to the fact that it hasn't been brought over to the US. "Suki" to Ienai by Miyawaki Yukino is a shoujo manga about a girl, Shina, who is in love with her adoptive brother, Kiri, who does not know that he is adopted. 


(SPOILER WARNING! START)

Kiri is a sort of playboy who goes out with any girl who confesses to him. He recently just broke up with his girlfriend and one of Shina's friends wanted Shina to introduce her to Kiri. Shina reluctantly does and is very upset about it. She had found out 3 years prior that Kiri wasn't her brother by checking the family register because she had overheard her parents discussing it and thus stopped calling him Onii-san, Big Brother. That night, they are left alone while their parents are out due to something related to food. Shina decides that if Kiri notices her feelings then she would pursue her feelings, if not she will give up her feelings and call him Onii-san again. She tried and thought she failed but, Kiri gave her a ring as a gift to protect her, if my memory is serving me correctly, in a brotherly way. 

The next day Shina is on top of the roof of the school preparing to rip up her copy of the family registry when her friend tells her that she had been rejected. Shina almost loses the paper, it flying out of her hand, when Kiri saves her from pitching forward off the roof trying to catch it. He tells her that he had known he was adopted all along and to "let it go." They kiss and it's happy ever after for them.

(SPOILER WARNING! END)

The oneshot wasn't so bad. It's a trope that has been overdone throughout the years and it doesn't seem like that's stopping anytime soon. I know many will be put off by the fact that the manga is technically incest, but I will warn you all now that I read everything without judgement. I don't shame anybody by what they write or what they read because why they do so is not my business, it does not concern me. What someone does is on them, if you don't like it, walk away, don't start a fight. My opinion is mine alone, if you have a different one, that's completely okay, just don't try to enforce it upon other. 

So to conclude, I think that this was a short but sweet manga. I like me a good shoujo, but oneshots are too short for me to really invest in the characters. I don't really care that they are siblings, I don't support incest, but I'm not vehemently against it either. I am neutral about it because it does not pertain to me. Thank you for reading for continuing to read this blog, I very much appreciate it. If you don't like this, but still want to stick around, please look at the labels on the bottom of posts, they are essentially tags for you to filter what you want to read. 

Once again all comments are appreciated, but please no hate. Hate has no home here. I hope you will continue to support me the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment