Sunday, October 11, 2020

Book: Forced to Bloom by Alexis Adaire (Volume 1)

Forced to Bloom, Book 1 - Kindle edition by Adaire, Alexis ...

This is a novella I've been putting off for a while... It's not bad, I'm going to say this right off the bat, but there was no need for the story to be broken up into SIX little novellas. If all the novellas were to be combined, because it is one continuous story, it would be a full novel. Unfortunately, things like these happen for financial gain, which I can say because each of the books, after the first, is about $2.99 but there is a collected version that has all six books for $6.99. Obviously the collected edition is the one I will be getting, but the pieces really should just be combined to form one full novel instead of six little novellas.


Now that the rant is over, this book is about a girl named Rachel who is on Craigslist looking for hookups, that's how it starts anyways...

(SPOILER WARNING! START)

Rachel is on Craigslist, looking for hookups, when a particular ad catches her attention, a dom looking for a sub with a picture attached of a woman in a subway car with one of her breasts hanging out for all to see. Rachel is a little taken aback by the ad but responds to it after much deliberation. She emails M, the man who is supposedly a millionaire who put up the ad, following the instructions on the ad to a "T." 

Moving on, she goes to an interview, expecting to meet with M, but is met with a computer screen with M on the other side of it, webcam on and everything. He asks her to do some things and is then dismissed, later to try and redeem herself, since she hadn't passed the interview earlier, she asks him to tell her to do anything one more time. It works and she becomes his sub, albeit a complete beginner at it. 

She begins to have her doubts on whether or not he was real or actually a millionaire, him proving himself when he pays off her college debt, over $11,000 worth. And she also has doubts about him finding her attractive since she is a little on the bigger side of the spectrum and he immediately dispels those thoughts through his actions. 

(SPOILER WARNING! END)

And thus, the novella is over. I left things very vague up above due to the mature content, and also people might want to read those parts themselves so I will leave them out for right now. The novella was straight-forward, unfortunately if I want to find out what happens to Rachel and M I need to pay for the rest of the "series" when in all actuality the novellas could have been put together to present one full novel, but I digress. Honestly, if this wasn't a free on Kindle, I would've never gone for it. I am most likely going to be purchasing the collected edition for the series so I can get through the rest of them quickly while also saving money.

Fact of the matter is if you enjoy a little DomSub power play with a slightly curvy girl as the protagonist, this book is for you! And it's free! So go on and check it out! Personally, I might hold off on getting the rest of the series, this book didn't have me in its grip like how others do and I finished this book maybe two weeks ago, from the time I'm writing this, and I am just now getting the motivation to type up this review. This book just didn't excite me like The Bet by Tara Crescent did, I just completely devoured that book and I'm waiting until I can get the rest of the series. 

Thank you guys for reading! Hope you all enjoyed this post! Also, things here where I am are opening up a bit, indoor stuff up to 25% capacity. How do you guys feel about that? I am kind iffy on it, I do miss indoor dining and some of my favourite places only has place for dining inside but at the same time I don't know. I went to The Cheesecake Factory with my fiance and they actually did a good job with the spacing, we were very isolated from other diners. Tell me what you guys think in the comments below! Hope to see you all next week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, this Dee, (in case it dont show again). I like your blog so far, keep up the good work. :D

    ReplyDelete