Sunday, September 20, 2020

Book: Obsessed with His Curvy Girl by Autumn Summers (Navy SEAL and BBW Romance #1)

encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT...

Alright, so this is my first book review that is exclusively on this blog! Yay! This book is really a novella, a long short story or a short novel, for it is only around 60 pages long. It was a really quick read, which is kind of disappointing, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. 


Maverick is a seaman, part of the Navy, and has finally docked for the weekend, free from the confines of his ship, going out on the town with one of his higher-ups, Aaron. 

This is the basic premise of the novella. Also, since taking out the synopsis for the book doesn't feel right to me, I usually always read it out when I did my videos, I'm going to be dropping it here:

Maverick
She caught my eye from across the bar, now I’m gonna make her mine! Aaron may have ruined it for me by being a jackass. But when she needs me the most, I come to her rescue.

Amanda
I don’t know why Maverick is pursuing me, he can have any girl he wants. He’s so out of my league. But he came through when it mattered, and he’s not willing to let me go.

This is Sweet, Steamy Short Story Romance is the first part of the Navy SEAL and BBW Romance Series. If you love short and sweet romances with insta love, sexy scenes, and happily ever afters, you’re going enjoy this one!


The synopsis is from Goodreads! Making sure to cite my sources... now without further ado, let's begin!

(SPOILER WARNING! START)

Maverick leaves the ship with Aaron and they go bar-hopping. It isn't until maybe the fourth bar that Maverick meets Amanda, a delicious curvy woman that Maverick would love to dominate. Amanda is obviously very self-conscious about herself and her figure, as all curvy girls are in these types of stories, and so she doesn't think Maverick is seriously flirting with her until he makes sure that she knows that he really does find her attractive. 

Aaron comes up at this point, after Amanda gives Maverick her number, and severely insults Amanda, commenting on her weight, causing her to leave. Maverick, seriously pissed off at Aaron, punches him in the face and leaves as well, texting Amanda until her phone dies, which he is unaware of. Maverick texts her to ask for a date Saturday, their meeting happening Friday night, but Amanda decides to be unplugged all of Saturday, after plugging in her phone to charge. Amanda lives at home with her mother and helps take care of her siblings, which is a full-time job mind you.  She doesn't see the texts until her mother comes home after her shift and apologizes to Maverick. Taking it in stride, he asks her for a date on Sunday.

Amanda's mother asks her to watch the kids again because she is picking up more shifts on Sunday and so Amanda declines Maverick's invite. Him being the gentleman that he is, tells her to bring the kids! They can all have a day out together. They all end up going to the beach. Once the beach day is over, Amanda heads to the motel where Maverick is staying and they have sex all night, finally releasing the sexual tensions between them and their needs for the other. 

(SPOILER WARNING! END)

The story is really short and slightly rushed, but it is still an enjoyable read either way. It was a guaranteed HEA ending with no cliffhangers. And yes, they are going to pursue a relationship, Maverick's ship is going to dock at their harbor more often, like maybe once a week or something, and so they will be seeign much more of each other. 

I kind of wish there was more to the story, expanding on some of the story elements, like why does Amanda's mom have to work so much? What's the deal there? What happened to Amanda's father because the youngest of her siblings are seven-years-old and so it makes you wonder. I also would like to know the aftermath of what happens to Maverick after punching Aaron. It is stated that he isn't getting punished, but I would like to see the dynamic between them after the weekend is over and they are all on the ship again.

Overall, the story was okay. It wasn't great but it was alright for what it was. I would've loved to see more of a relationship between the two instead of them just being hot and horny for each other, but with these stories, that's basically the whole point of the plot. I would recommend this for curvy girls, such as myself, who need a little pick-me-up when they are feeling down about their body type.

That's all I have for this week! I hope to see you guys next week! Thank you all for reading! Please comment down below your thoughts on the story, is it something you'd be interested in reading? Tell me more! 

PS. Everyone, please stay safe, currently America has over five millions COVID-19 cases at the current moment and it is really sad that we have so many cases when other countries, like New Zealand, are almost completely clear of Coronavirus cases after such a short amount of time. New Zealand was back to normal after 101 days of no new COVID-19 cases and they only have over 1,000 cases in the whole country. That's amazing in comparison to the United States. So, everyone, please stay safe and wear your masks! You don't want to be a rat-licker!

The Stars My Destination — found this new term over at Urban ...

No comments:

Post a Comment